The first step of your Android app testing will be installing the app(.apk) on the actual device. Android app can be installed in two ways. Either through ADB command line prompt or by copying the .apk file onto the devices & perform the installation.
The easy steps to install your apk using File manager :
- Copy the APK file you want to install on your phone’s memory card. And disconnect Phone from USB.
- Go to Android Market and search and download Astro/ES File Manager.
- Click on the Install button.
- After it is installed, open the app (Astro/ES File).
- It will show you your application APK file stored directly in the root directory of your memory card.
- Just tap on the application you want to install.
- Tap on “Open App Manager”.
- Click Install.
- You are done!
P.S: Don’t forget to enable Unknown sources in Settings > Security. And when installing via Eclipse enable USB Debugging > Developer Options.